Milestones in Martinsons’ history
1929 The company’s founder, Karl Martinson purchases an itinerant sawmill, which is run by his son, Sigurd.
1941 Sigurd Martinson sets up a permanent sawmill at Bygdsiljum.
1954 A limited liability company is set up, with all of the children as shareholders. Sales of around SEK 500,000.
1963 Åke and Nils Martinson take over management of the company.
1965 Martinsons becomes one of Sweden’s pioneers in the industry when it starts manufacturing glulam.
1975 A new sawmill is built at Bygdsiljum. At the time, it was the most modern of its kind in all of Europe.
1989 Martinsons builds its first wooden bridge over Klintfors stream in Skellefteå.
1992 The company starts exporting glulam to Japan.
1998 The fourth generation takes over, with Lars Martinson as Managing Director.
2003 Martinsons acquires Wallmarks Såg, a sawmill in Kroksjön.
2004 Martinsons builds its first housing project in cross-laminated timber: Inre Hamnen at Sundsvall.
2005 A new sawmill is constructed at Bygdsiljum, which is an investment of SEK 225 million.
2007 For the first time ever, annual sales exceed SEK 1 billion.
2010 The new grading sawmill at Bygdsiljum is inaugurated. It is an investment of SEK 110 million.
2017 The new production line for cross-laminated timber is put into operation. Investment in the line was SEK 85 million.